To promote open societies, neighborliness, social stability and economic progress in bordering regions of Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine.
To provide financial and technical assistance to projects which result in tangible benefits to the communities on both sides of national borders and which improve the quality of life of the
people in small towns and villages in the Carpathian Mountains.
The goals of Carpathian Foundation
• Strengthen local democracy and assist the development
• Enhance the capacity of non-profit and local government organizations to address community and regional needs
• Promote cooperation between non-governmental organizations, local governments, and businesses
• Promote cross-border and interethnic cooperation
• Facilitate sharing of information and the replication
• Revitalize disadvantaged regions by fostering integrated community development, cross-border and interethnic cooperation